Communities developing resources and competencies for using their languages
Foundational understanding for language development work of all kinds
Publications, fonts and computer tools for language development, translation and research
SIL offers training in disciplines relevant to sustainable language development.
7,105 languages are spoken or signed. CLICK for map of world languages & regional websites.
SIL's dedication to language development past and present
1. Candoshi Behavior Change by Sheila C. Tuggy
2. Water, Rock, and Smoke: A Guanano View of the World by Carolyn Waltz
3. Nature and Culture in Four Karitiana Legends by Rachel M. Landin
4. Problems in Paumari Acculturation by Shirley Chapman
5. Urubu-Kaapor Girls’ Puberty Rites by Kiyoko Kakumasu